What Do I do in Car Accident Lawsuit?
One of the most prominent types of personal injury lawsuits is car accident lawsuits. Nearly half of all auto accidents result in injury claims, some of which go to trial while others are settled out of court. If you have suffered an injury, it is important to contact a car accident lawyer.
For injuries caused by other types of motor vehicle accidents, read the following: motorcycle accident lawsuits or truck accident lawsuits. If you were involved in an accident while in an Uber or Lyft, you may qualify for a Uber lawsuit or Lyft lawsuit.
If you are in a car accident involving personal injury and/or property damages, you should take the following steps immediately:
- Write everything down. Chart everything about the accident as soon as possible. Include where and when it happened and contact information for everyone involved, including witnesses, police officers and insurance company representatives you’ve spoken with. The more detail you can document, the stronger your case will be.
- If you plan to file a lawsuit, speak with a lawyer before you talk to anyone connected to an insurance company.
Inform everyone involved of your intentions.
- Gather as much evidence as possible — pictures of the scene of the accident, your car, other cars that were involved, the parties involved, clothes you were wearing at the time of the accident and damaged personal belongings.
The information you document will be a great help to the auto accident attorney.
Did You Know?
Auto accidents probably account for more deaths that occur outside than any other outdoor situation. And they cause billions of dollars in losses each year. In cases of severe injury or death, or when intoxication was involved, the person at fault is typically prosecuted by the state. Basic car accidents that produce injuries tend to result in personal injury lawsuits.
What if I’m partly to blame?
Even if you were partially to blame for the accident, you may still be eligible for some compensation, so don’t rule out seeking a personal injury lawyer to find out about your situation. We will sit down with you to discuss your case and determine the best course of action. We may be able to secure an award that includes damages for:
- Past, current and future estimated medical expenses
- Time lost from work, including time spent going to medical appointments or therapy
- Any property that was damaged
- The cost of hiring someone to do household chores when you couldn’t do them
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Your emotional distress, including anxiety, depression and interference with your family relationships
- Any other costs that are a direct result of your injury
$100 MILLION TOTAL
Ready To Speak To An Auto Accident Lawyer in San Marino?
Schedule A Free Consultation Below
We Give Your Case the Attention It Deserves